The Blues

It has been a long time since I have been to an air show. I've seen the Blue Angels fly a few times, but I've probably not seen a full blown air show since I was a kid. Fantastic!

I know it is proper science, but I still don't see how some of these things can stay in the air. And do the maneuvers they do?!
They played out a whole war time scenerio with fake gun fire and everything. I sound like a dope describing it I am sure - especially to someone in the military.
Note to self: take umbrella to next air show in desert.





I can't believe that beast can get off the ground, much less stay in the air. I think you can fit a tank and a bunch of jeeps and a helicopter on that thing. Huge!

The Harrier. So cool. It is pretty much a heliplane...or an aircopter I guess. Can take off and land like a helicopter or plane.
Grand stands.
The stars.

Thank you! So impressed by these men. (Has there ever been a female Blue Angel?) What is crazy is that the maneuvers they perform are standard. Everyone learns them. They aren't stunts.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Jeff and Will went to an airshow earlier this summer. They had a good time. Though flash pots in area that is in a drought, not such a good idea. Will got to see more of fire trucks instead of flying airplanes.

sammye said...

There is absolutely NOTHING more patriotic than one of the air shows. Especially when the Blues fly over the first time. I can't figure out whether to sing or dance or cry. Glad you got to see them. Love them over pensacola beach the best. Where did you get headphones?