Palomar - Year 3

The first year we visited Palomar we just went up for the day.  The past two years we have stayed a couple of nights.  As much as we love living in the city, I miss being able to just let our kids go out and wander.  I can remember disappearing into the neighborhood and woods as a kid for hours.  I would never do that now - not because times are so much worse - I don't think things have changed much really.  We just live in a different type of place, not as suitable to roaming the 'hood.  Anyway, Palomar Christian Retreat Center is a great little place where the kids can come and go as the please and I think I enjoyed that as much as they did.



 Long way to retrieve any errant shots.

 Acorn woodpeckers.  Apparently they were anticipating a famine.
 Yes, that is a purse she is carrying.


 The archery is a highlight for the kids.

 Dark-eyed Junco
 Can you find the titmouse?

 Yes, she too is carrying a purse.  What is it with these city girls?

 Raising a little birder.

 Bluebirds






Looking forward to winter 2014.

No comments: