"I will not eat them here or there..."

Well, I learned with Greta that the 6 month push to start solids is really not necessary.  Now that I think of it, I should start a list of all the things I have finally learned by #4.  I remember being so anxious to start solids with Olivia as soon as she turned 6 months...and I am glad that I did because I was pregnant with Joseph by 9 months and my milk dried up.  She needed that food!  But with no kid coming (immediately) behind, I was not too concerned when Greta boycotted solid food.  She wanted nothing to do with it and often looked at me like I was trying to feed her rat poison.  No like it!  It was 10 months before she really started eating mushed up food.  And, honestly, that was a relief.  Nursing, if you can do it, makes life a lot simpler.   So, round about 7 months we started seeing what this guy was interested in...
 ...mostly the spoon...but we did get a few little birdie open mouths...

 ...he gave it a chance here and there...


 And we almost a smile once...

Big sister even tried to help...



 But mostly it goes down a little bit like this:






Oh the drama.


I really think I may be doing damage to our trust bond...again the accusations of rat poison.

No comments: