Mammoth

I said a few days ago that I was going to try to be up to date on the blog by the new year.  I'm almost there, but it is 10:50 on December 31st and I am drinking a glass of wine that is making me sleepier and sleepier, and I am still in September.  That's why I am not a big fan of resolutions.  Just general categories.  Things to be intentional about, think about.  No need to DECLARE anything really.  

So, probably won't be up to date, but I will think about it.

We went to Mammoth in September and it was beeyootiful.  Going in the off season, we got a condo for a decent price.  Actually, we could have slept in the van for the amount of time we actually spent in the condo.  The first day we hiked to Devil's Post Pile.  This amazing post-like formation formed when volcanic rock cooled quickly.

 Becoming Junior Rangers


View from the bottom

View from the top.  It was crazy - like octagonal pavers.

The kids really turned a corner on this outing.  And by "turned a corner," I mean much less whining and a lot more exploring.  

 Top of Rainbow Falls
 Bottom

 Watching the guys from above

 Yes, she is half naked.  At least she has underwear on here - they finally dried out.   You can fill in the blanks...
 He will not be left behind!
 It got chilly the second day when we hiked to several mountain lakes.  This was breath taking.  Coming from TN, where all the lakes are low, it was amazing hiking higher and higher to more water.  And the wind was whipping!



 And there was snow!
We must go here again.

No comments: