Bad News

Well, sorry, but we still have no camera cord. The second one arrived today and it is still the wrong one. Hazard of having such tech savvy friends - too many cords around the house. I think we'll just go buy another one but probably not until Monday. Sorry to disappoint.

I know it isn't as fun without the pictures, but I can give a few updates. We have finished painting all the downstairs walls (still working on trim) and it looks pretty good. Mike laid hard wood in the entryway today and started sanding the floors.

Olivia went to story time at the public library for the first time this week. We now have a new look - it's the library story time look and it's called the "This is kind of dumb and these people are wierd" look. The guy singing and reading the stories...well, that's all I'll say about him. And the parents, well I can't say anything about them because my friend Karen was one of them. Truthfully, I think Olivia was really just taking it all in (she is such an observer and internal processor like her mother). Next week I imagine she will be crying like the rest of the kids and I will be trying to convince her that it is fun. Then, by about the third week I think she will be enjoying it. (We've signed up to go every Wednesday...you have to sign up because even if there is no waiting list you have to sign up...because you have to sign up. That's the way it is at the library - they are very serious there about their Toddler Story Time.)

Ridley the dog seems to be fitting in just fine around here. Mike is still taking all the night time responsibilities, though she is almost making it through the night - unlike our children half of the time. She has almost doubled her size, but we're still not sure how big she will be. I walked her with the kids in the double jogger today at the park and it went pretty well. Not smooth, but nobody got runover and she slept for a good two hours afterward - so that was a success I think.

Mike is off celebrating a friend's birthday and I just got a new cookbook in the mail (for early Valentines). I think I will go read. Hope to have pictures soon. It has been a whole month - you won't believe how big Joseph is getting. I think the last pictures I posted of him he was sick and sad. More soon...

3 comments:

sammye said...

R-A-T-S-S-S-S-S !
I can't believe i'm addicted, but they are my g.kids.

It's always a good day when no one gets runover. Mimi

Sage said...

Pictures aren't all that. I enjoy hearing what you have to say once in awhile :)

remingrw said...

Salutations McBrides! I think you've got the makings of a high fashion kiddo. Yotion, Yip Yips, gold sequined and furry kitty purses today, Estee Lauder and Prada tomorrow. The picture of you, Mike, and Joe in Utah is my favorite shot. Here's a picture of our new house.
Cheers,
The Remingtons

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/remingrw/ArsenalHouse.jpg