We're Back (In Black)

Olivia just really hasn't been a typical two-year-old in respect to mischieviousness. We have gates up, but she rarely goes where she isn't supposed to. She's never tried to cut her hair or empty bottles of liquids in inappropriate places. She is quite fearless, but not so much adventurous. This past weekend we stayed at a friend's home while Mike put polyurithane on our downstairs floors. We were getting ready for a wedding (Mike wasn't home yet) and I left Olivia in the bathroom while I went to put Joseph down. I remember thinking she was awfully quiet, but she had been looking at books, so I didn't think much of it at the time. I came back to this. She had finished her mascara - even put the wand back in the tube and placed it back in the bag. She says, "Yook! Yotion!" That is - my tinted moisturizer. In my attempts to communicate to her that what she had done was wrong (while choking back a laugh and a bit of pride at her creativity - I have been hoping she would pick up interest in arts and crafts), I held my compact up in front of her so she could see the damage. Judging from the look on her face...I think she felt the same sort of pride.

(Hope to be catching up from the last month and a half - stay tuned.)

3 comments:

sammye said...

It's a good thing her Mary Kay Mimi is in the wings. We will fine tune this later. M

Lori said...

Too funny! So glad you got this on picture!

Lori said...

Ok, so the better way of saying this is, "So glad you got a picture of this!" :)