Barf...literally

I am sorry to say (kind of) that I do not have a picture of the following experience. But I feel that you, Joseph's dear family and friends, deserve to hear this story (mostly because it is just too gross not to share). Therefore, heed the warning now - read at your own risk.


So Joseph barfed after lunch yesterday. No big deal. He has done that once before when he had a really runny nose and I figured...well, most of you know why one might throw up when they have a lot of snot, so I will save you that detail. Plus the fact that I might have barfed his lunch too. I think I got a little too much blackstrap molasses in his yogurt and it did taste a little gross. But he seemed fine afterward. My only concern was that he threw up a little more about 20 minutes later - never a good sign when a pattern forms. Nevertheless, he took his nap and seemed fine.


Upon waking he nursed. With the first burp, he sent the first bit of his snack back to the kitchen. In the meantime Olivia is waking up and needing to go to the bathroom. During that he sends back the rest of his snack. Poor guy. He napped again, ate a bit of applesauce for supper and nursed again before bedtime. Everything stayed down AND I had the first full 8 hours straight of sleep I have had since...well, I am certain it had to be during the early part of my pregnancy with Joseph.


So I awoke at 6:30 this morning in a chipper (for me) mood to the sounds of Olivia needing to go potty and Joseph wanting to nurse. All was completed in these departments and we were just wallowing around in the bed - Joseph laying his body across my stomach and his head on my chest, facing me (the positioning is important here). When out of no where, in the black of night, SHAZAM! Wait, sorry that is from The Best Christmas Pagent Ever. But still, out of no where Joseph barfed right in my face! Thankfully (I guess) my hair, eyes, mouth, neck, and pajamas took the brunt of it so it didn't go all over our bed. And thankfully (I guess) it hadn't been consummed for very long because it didn't smell or taste (sorry, but it is true) like...well, you know. It was like looking curiously down the spout of a very powerful water source - say, a fire hydrant. Then someone flips the switch and you're drenched.

Hope that little story gets you through hump day! Just thought you might like to know.

8 comments:

sammye said...

Grody to the MAX ! Have you had a shower yet?

Mark R said...

gross...

ljbrouwer said...

love it!

Amy Veerman said...

No digital photo could compare with the mental picture i have right now!

Jeremy, Lisa, and Madeleine said...

I was alright until it went in the mouth.....GAG. You have brushed your teeth havent you????

pelican1 said...

I miss your humor so much...it would be worth the drive back to St. Louis to hug you all!! BTW - pelican 1 is Allyn - I used to teach at Pelican Elementary.

Sage said...

i like how the most comments you every get is after you have bared your soul about this traumatic event... ugh.. what can you expect?

Lori said...

Definitely gave me a good laugh Mandy! I can only imagine.....yuck!