Welcome to Holland

Not really. This is just our front yard, but we are pretty excited about the tulips. Mike and I bought about 20 bulbs two years ago while we were in Holland, MI and last year the late freeze got them. I think two bloomed in the back yard. We still have about 10 that have never come up. They were blue and dark purple - could have been too unique a variety to bloom here??? Or, I could have planted the bulb upside down. I had to dig a few up after realizing I was planting them upside down. We have four up in the backyard, but no buds yet. Our daffodils were pretty puny this year. We've had six total - and one Ridley ripped the bloom off of and Big O gingerly plucked the buds of another three. So, we have two beautiful, yellow daffodils in the backyard. The leaves on the irises look promising and all the daylillies are full and green. So, we'll see.



No comments: