All in a week's work

These pictures didn't download in quite the order I wanted, but I think you'll get the idea. These were actually taken back in December. My parents came up for the week that Mike went to Israel and it was a big week for projects. Mom's project: the kids (and a little grouting and sanity keeping)

The black and white check tile was actually the first project Dad and I did - you see it finished here. In this picture we are painting, obviously.

Joseph was on the clean up crew.

Mom and Olivia on their painting project.

Here we are hanging the tile. It was pretty fun. I was the grouter and hanger and Dad cut. He tried to talk me into cutting, but I don't do so well with numbers and measurements...and sharp tile cutters. The first time I used a glue gun I burned my finger...I don't need to be using the more dangerous equipment.

This project was actually completed long before my parents arrived. My parents built this great kitchen set for Olivia for Christmas. Dad was the builder and Mom did the aesthetics. It weighs about 500 pounds, but it is worth its weight in gold. We love it.