They're Back!

At least they were a few weeks ago - the beagles! We got to see them a lot closer this year, so Olivia now knows they aren't small brown and white dogs. If you have never driven up to Alton (and surroundings) in the winter to see the migrating eagles, you need to. It never gets old. I get excited every time I see one - even if it is 70 yards away as a spot on a piece of ice in the river. I don't think they are from here.

None of 'em.
So, here are some interesting facts to distract you from the pictures that only family wants to see. Did you know that the eagle's entire foot is called a talon? The talon is made up of the yellow fingers and the stilettos, or claws that can be up to two inches long!

1 comment:

sammye said...

I thought stilettos were high heels? I've never seen an eagle in those.