A fear (involuntarily) conquered

I have always been afraid of one of our kids getting a head wound. I figured it would be Joseph. That kid hits his head like...well, I can't think of anything. But, a lot...and hard. This morning we were five minutes from getting out the door to go to the beach when I heard her scream. They had been running around messing with each other and apparently Olivia tripped going out of her bedroom and hit her head on the corner of a small toy box. Thankfully it did not end up being too bad at all, but when I got to her the blood was squirting out pretty good. She was so brave at the doctor. She did everything they told her to and was so still. I wished I had had a mirror so she could watch. Can you believe the location of the cut? I mean, just a little bit either way and it could have been bad news. It was weird because she seemed to have hit on an angle - it wasn't very deep, but it was wide.
Since it wasn't too deep, they glued it shut. That's right. I could have just stayed home, kept my $40 co-pay and used Elmer's. We can't get it wet for a few days, so no beach until after the weekend. She was sad.
He was a good support. Wanted to lay on the table with her. I won't mention everything else he wanted to do while we were there - this kid has selective hearing. Sometimes I feel like I am just talking to myself because he sure ain't listening. You can pray for us both.
Just a little swelling. She said tonight at bed time that it hurt a little but not much.
Still a little afraid of head wounds as I feel like we got out easy on this one.

No comments: