Let the games begin!

Neither Mike nor I are what you would call die hard - for anything really. Maybe we aren't big on comittment, maybe we are just well balanced (that makes us sound good, right?). We enjoy a lot of things and even do a few of them pretty regularly, with excitement. Like golf...Mike will get up early to play it (that is a sure sign of priority around here) and would play as much as his wallet, time, and family would allow (all within reason). But still...I would not call him a fanatic. All that to say, when I make this post it's not like I am saying we are die hard college football fans. I mean Mike is going to know who is good and more of the stats just because most men have an uncanny way of remembering that kind of boring, I mean...yeah, boring stuff. But I like it for the memories I have of growing up in a die hard football town and the excitement you could feel every Saturday. My brother and dad and papaw watched it and so just hearing it in the back ground on t.v. makes me feel at home. I like it because it is (or can be) a group activity - something the whole family can enjoy together. And we did - all day Saturday. And it started with Joseph begging to be excused from the breakfast table so he could "go watch football in there."

2 comments:

Mama Hutch said...

I just asked Chet if guys have a special part in their brains that's just for all kinds of sports facts. (We were watching Georgia lose at the time and the football facts were spouting out like crazy.)

ElderClan said...

Mandy,

Was catching up on your blog today. I really enjoyed the pictures of your house (I also would rather decorate with things that mean something to me - you have done a great job) and also the beach. Of course the beach is one of my favorite places in the world. I am trying not to covet you living close to one.