Letting go of Winter

Mike and I went on our second annual night away to The Victorian bed and breakfast in South Haven while we were visiting his parents. Usually we like to be a little adventurous, trying new things. But it is actually kind of nice to have a little routine here and even people who recognize us. The lake wasn't frozen but there were a lot of ice chunks floating into the...what do you call this...the dock area, the harbor?It was beautiful. And COLD. We considered going cross country skiing for a minute, but the wind was unbelievable.
This was Mike's grandmother's home. I met her once just before we got engaged. She had 3 sisters...Marguerite, Evelyn, and Dorothy. She was Frances. We were engaged on the same day as her funeral. Mike flew from her funeral in Michigan to New York City where I was visiting friends - with a ring.
We visited the Suret (I know that's not right) Nature Center on our drive back to Kalamazoo. We highly recommend a visit if you are in the area. One of the high lights was the birds.

My favorite. Can you see the flutter of red under the log - that was another cardinal flying away. I like it because the one bird is sitting in the log like it's a boat.
Mike's favorite.

2 comments:

sammye said...

These pictures are freezing me to death. Was this one of the Great Lakes? Loved the red birds.

Jonathan, Jennifer, Will and Jack said...

Looks beautiful. I'm still following your life through this. When do you come to Atlanta?