The nose knows

Olivia has this uncanny ability to smell (and hear the opening of) chocolate from almost anywhere. There are times I have put her to bed and eaten something chocolate, then gone into her bedroom 30 minutes later and she takes a deep thoughtful inhale through her nose and asks, "What's that I smell?"

On our drive from Michigan to St. Louis the other day, Mike and I were able to open a package of M&M's without her detecting it (because those are just the kind of parents we are - we secretly hoard chocolate when necessary). However, feeling proud we got lazy and forgot to refrain from exhaling through our mouths. From the back we hear in a sing songy voice, "I smell my special treeeaat."

Mike says we need to get her a job as a police dog.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That is sooo funny!!!! "I smell my special treat!" :)