Celebrating each other

My birthday and Mike's are 11 days apart (plus 2 years...I am much younger). It is kind of fun sharing a birthday month. We just kind of celebrate for four weeks. It is never anything huge. A couple of times we have done surprises, but mostly it is just thoughtful things. Things you do because you know it makes the other person happy. I have to say Mike is always better at this than me. I am often way too practical for my own good...or other people's pleasure. But I am learning and he is always gracious. I tried clothes shopping for him this year...again my practical side. Two of the five items were a success. I cried. Because I am pregnant and because we had all be sick and I was tired. But I am over it and hopefully can find some good exchanges. A highlight was baking his cake with this little girl. I know it looks flat. It was flat. Extremely. But there was no baking powder or soda in it - height was completely dependent on the egg white whipping and mixing routine. With all the "help" I was getting and the interruptions...let's just say it wasn't a seamless process and at least it tasted good - with homemade peach ice cream...and friends.

3 comments:

sammye said...

Actually, i think Julia Child would call this a Torte!

Michael and Mandy said...

Well, she might the way mine turned out. But she called hers "My favorite chocolate cake."

Michael and Mandy said...

The returns were not for style. In fact, the blue shirt in the picture is one of the two keepers. The returns were for size, which is always a challenge for me. Thanks Love for your thoughtful gifts. You bring style to my otherwise routine wardrobe. I need it. Mike