2nd Annual Pie Stop-by

I love this season...in case you didn't remember. Last year I was so homesick because nothing felt like Fall here. I complained so much 3 different sets of folks sent us leaves in a box! It was wonderful! But I am trying not to complain so much this year and we are doing our part to force fall...and pay attention, because there are signs of it here.So, this was our 2nd Annual Pie Stop-by. This is by far one of my favorite things to do here. I would say that about 25 of the 30 or so we invited came. Again this year we were introducing neighbors to one another who have lived across the street from each other for 15 years! It was crazy how much they knew about each other (from watching), but had never spoke. We were able to invite many of them to Mike's ordination service - and two families came!
One neighbor offered to bake a pecan pie and another a sweet potato. I made an apple, an apple/cranberry (favorite), a pumpkin, a vegan pumpkin (which I thought was a little gross, but was the only one completely gone), and a pear/apricot tart. We can't wait to do it again next year!

2 comments:

sammye said...

Mandy: Everything looks beautiful! This is a great idea. Really proud of all your effort. The apple pear torte especially looks good.

Linda said...

Sounds delicious! Would love the recipe for the apple cranberry pie if you could post it.