2 thumbs up

I've got to remember these moments when I want to send one of them to bed hungry because of comments like, "What's that smell," or "I don't like that," or "I'm not really in the mood for this." I really try hard to help them understand how good they have it.  They have no idea.  I mean, we aren't living high on the hog here by any means, but they are Americans.  They have a lot.  A lot more than they even need.  I still struggle to communicate that message without saying lame things like, "There are plenty of children in other countries who would give anything to eat this meal.  A meal.  Shoot, there are kids downtown who would love to eat this."

But mostly, I must admit, they humor my cooking and food choices.  We do eat some weird stuff around here sometimes.




 And this is why he does not get to eat out of Great Granny Olive's vintage glasses.


No comments: