Birthday Hikes

The time is quickly approaching when I will be more than a year behind on this blog.  I will not be surpassed!  So, I am going to try to make a blog post each morning.  We'll see how that goes.

On birthdays, we try to do the things birthday person likes best.  So, in June last year, we did a lot of hiking in June.  This was my birthday.  We took my new pair of binoculars and went bird watching at Lake Cuyamaca.
 Some birds you don't need binoculars to see, only a bag of bread.
 Stare down.  She held strong.



 Sadly, I can't remember what this was.


 This is one strange part of hiking in the west - the burnt out forests.



 A little oriole bathing.  Sorry, I will try to crop pictures better in the future.
Happy Birthday to the Momma.

1 comment:

Amy Veerman said...

Love it when a new post appears. Keep it up!(I'm hovering near the 6th month mark, myself...)