Coming Together

I really couldn't believe everything came together before we left for our trip. We needed a sold car, a house sitter, a dog sitter, two cooperative children, an organized mother, and a father who wasn't intimidated by a little hard, fast labor.
We sold the Explorer and got more for it than we intended. A guy from church agreed to house sit AND dog sit. Olivia and Joseph were steller during all the packing craziness. Mike mowed the grass, renewed his car plates, took Ridley to the vet and packed the car like we were going away for a weekend, not two months. I still have half the third row to move around in. And I only ever wanted to cry, but never did. I wasn't sad or even really all that stressed out. I think we have just been anticipating this for so long, have no idea what the future holds, and I was taken by surprise (I always am) at the Lord's goodness to walk us through this process so gently.
We enjoyed lots of meaningful time with friends and neighbors before we left. (Man, I am too emotional - this is two months, not twenty years!) Here is the girls version of meaningful - the night before we left.

1 comment:

Sage said...

Praise the Lord for your smooth (so far) transition. I have just been thinking about His wonderful provision through you guys for letting you use your car. It is definitely a blessing. Thanks!