Standing on a Corner

Yesterday we passed through Winslow, AZ, but forgot to stop - wanted to see how fine the site really was. Guess we'll have to get it on the way back in August. I have about 5 posts worth of pictures, but as I sat here staring at one from yesterday morning and could not remember where I was I thought I might ought to just post one and then get some sleep. We have really kept a great travel schedule, but I just need a couple more hours of sleep each night if I am going to keep up.

It is fun how quickly the view changes.















Inside and outside of the van. Not the most legal way to travel, but some times it is necessary.














Arizona had a nice welcome center - even got to see an Elvis impersonator.















Aluminum foil jewelry for Zsa Zsa.














I know these pictures out the car window aren't the greatest, but here is another scenery change. From red rock and no trees to all these great evergreens.














I promise to get more up tomorrow. We spent an incredible day in the Grand Canyon today and have a full day planned for tomorrow. We are going to try to hike down into it a bit - but start about 6:00 a.m. to avoid the heat. It is about 105 down there in the heat of the day.

I really want to say more, but I just keep staring at the screen - I am done for the day.

No comments: