The Glow

I am not sure how many balloons there were. After they are all up, a horn sounds about every five minutes and they all blow their fire into the balloons. (I know, "blow their fire" is probably not what they call it - but I already gave you the tutorial, you can't expect me to know everything about all of it.) It is really a beautiful sight. That multi-color in the front right was probably my favorite.


























































The glow was last night. Sometime today they launched all the balloons, but we had other plans (see subsequent posts). Apparently their is a contest to follow the big Energizer Bunny balloon and the first balloon to drop an object where the bunny lands wins a prize. Or, you are just thankful that you don't get wrapped up in some phone lines or run out of hot air over Lake St. Louis and forget about the prize. It is great to see them floating across the city - we saw some of that last year.

4 comments:

Ms. B said...

Thanks for posting these, Mandy! They made me smile. We loved the balloon glow!

sammye said...

How BEAUTIFUL ! I would love to see that. They have a big balloon show in Albubuerque in October. Would have like to see that some day. You can say "blow the fire" if you want too, i know what you mean. Mom

sammye said...

Did the noise scare the children? Mom

Michael and Mandy said...

I warned Olivia ahead of time and I think she would have done better if I hadn't. Karl carried her most of the time, but she really did fine. Joseph didn't care, but I was slinging him anyway. Annika plugged her ears the whole time :), but I think she is braver than she lets on.