Well, I'm not making any trifle...

I did make a banana pudding in it once...kind of. I layered my banana pudding and vanilla wafers all beautifully in the trifle bowl then read on the recipe "bake in the oven for..." So I had to dump the whole durn thing in an oven proof bowl and it wasn't so beautiful after that. I'm not against trifle. I just haven't made any. And I am pretty sure I registered for this (it was a wedding gift), so I know I intended to make trifle one day at least. But for now it is our treasure bowl. I had to find something to do with all of the things Olivia comes home with from our walks. And since this is my favorite time of year (also the time of year we were married in and when our first baby was born), I don't mind looking at all of these treasures as we sit down to every meal.
Now I am in the mood for some banana pudding...

1 comment:

sammye said...

For future reference - you didn't have to "dump the whole durn thing". The only reason you had to bake it was to cook the merangue (I'm assuming). So next time, you can use you trifle bowl, just slap on some whipped cream instead.

Love, The Voice of Experience (aka mom)