Airplanes and Doughnuts

We have had more sad news here today, but I figured we needed a bit of a break from the intensity and something to smile at. Both of our kids are great snugglers when they wake up. Today Joseph wanted to watch the airplanes - they fly about 1500 feet above our house all day. We're in the flight path, obviously, for incoming planes. But I took the picture so that 1. Amy and Mom might quit bugging me for house pictures (I'm not in order yet! Give me a minute!) and 2. Those shades are one of my favorite things about the house (and Amy and Mom would like those too). I don't know if my Granny had shades like that or not, but I am sure one of her neighbors did if she didn't. I raise and lower them every day, just so I can enjoy them. I took this because of what he said while he was having snack. He kept asking me for more doughtnut. Doughnut? I wasn't giving him doughnuts. I finally asked if he meant chocolate milk and he smiled real big and said "Yeeaah!" Apparently we don't give him enough doughnuts or chocolate milk - he can't tell the difference. But they are in the same category of yum I think.
Never mind the bunny ears and "pack pack" on the high chair. That is where Olivia is currently parking her "on the go bag".
Will update more tomorrow. Thank you for all of your prayers and emails. Mike is doing just fine...though we are pretty sure he broke his pinky toe on the kids' bed this morning. You just kind of have to laugh a little.

2 comments:

sammye said...

When Olivia grabs her on the go bag, does she grab the bunny ears too? CUTE! Just like her Mimi

Amy Veerman said...

Thanks; this will pacify me for a little while. Love the shades. Love all the windows! Love Surfer Dude's shaggy look. Instead of 'where you hang your hat' I would say for the McBrides, Home is where you park your pew. Hope to talk soon.