Book ends

When we moved to St. Louis three and a half years ago we were pretty much homeless. We had hired a contractor to gut the back three rooms of the house so we would have a place to live only he was not finished. Actually, he never did finish...or get the rest of his money. It was...the beginning of a long sanctifying experience for the McBrides. So we moved in to the bottom floor of the Tuckers house for a couple of weeks. Alice and I were college roommates. Then we were post college roommates. Now we have been neighbors and had babies together...Joseph and Abel were supposed to be only 2 days apart, but Joseph came three weeks early. It seemed appropriate to find ourselves living at the Tuckers again our last couple of days in St. Louis.
Take a good look at this kid - his name will be on some invention one day. Levi Tucker.
He still doesn't quite get the binoculars.
Well, it is now pictorally documented - I did look as rough as I felt. I think I had some kind of supernatural energy for the two days we loaded that truck. I didn't feel pregnant or sick to my stomach or hardly tired. I mean I wasn't superwoman, but it was definitely interesting. Day three I could hardly put one foot in front of the other. This was day three.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I've wondered how Alice was "handling" your move!Praying for all (including the neighbors who will miss you terribly!).