Olivia Frances

Today was this big girl's birthday. And this is kind of quintessential her - layers of...I'm not sure what all that was...and what she will do to a defenseless sister. She is my biggest challenge right now. Well, I take that back. My biggest challenge right now is my own selfish, impatient heart. Her biggest challenge, though she does not know it, is how my heart effects her and our relationship. We are all desperate for God's redemptive work in us all the time. Her middle name means 'free' and I have chosen to take the encouragement and reminder from that that we will all one day be fully free - "He breaks the power of reigning sin. He sets the prisoner free."Sweet exposer of my heart, you are also one of my sweetest pleasures in life.

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Oh, how I can relate to this blog entry! My little girl is definitely the "exposer of my heart" who challenges me daily to live out my faith. Isn't it amazing how God uses children to uncover our own sin and teach us how to live?