Reasons to celebrate

We've had a lot of celebrating and fellowship-ing (which apparently is not actually a word) and feasting around here lately. Presently there are 10 people under our little roof, gathering to celebrate with us...but more on that later. Here is where the party started last week. Olivia's birthday.I love it that she loves Fall as much as I do...but I guess did she have a choice really? Presents and sunflowers and pumpkins and party garland and candy corn and a birthday crown - the complete party picture at our house.
Though it is hard for the younger sibling to understand why the other one gets gifts and he doesn't...Joseph was so excited for her.
Olivia got her very own sewing box. Great Tootsie, this is what your birthday money went toward. It is a very special box because in it are some of the notions that were in Great Tootsie's sewing box that she passed down to me. Toot's the blue piece that all the triangles are sewn to on the garland is some of your old bias tape! (I don't know what you are actually supposed to use that stuff for. :) )
And here is our relationship - me trying to set the time for her and her arguing that she already knows how to set the time. She doesn't even know how to tell time for crying out loud! (And, by the way, Mother thank you for never commenting on these posts that I was the same way or now you know how it feels or something terribly un-encouraging like that. Though I know this must be de-ja review for you, thanks for not rubbing it in.)

The hat is perfect, Grandma. Thank you.
Olivia's Fall Festival birthday party. I'll have to get the picture off Mike's phone of the festival banner he drew. Definitely hidden artistic talents there. We thought up a bunch of festival games and Mike made it happen...and then the adults ending up playing the games...
...while the kids did this.
I guess that was sort of festival-like...a clown car. I just now realized Joseph is in the hood.

Check out Lou (the boy in red) cramming his face with a cupcake.
That's all folks!
(Olivia is such a gatherer. Two new neighbors in our yard for this party - for 2 1/2 hours, just hanging out! One family even came to Mike's ordination tonight!)

2 comments:

sammye said...

Thank you for not rubbing what in?

I love the clown car. What a great backyard i just love it.

Michael and Mandy said...

That I was just like her.