Science project

Lip lips - it's what we call chapstick in our family. I think thanks to Mouse...is that right? Last year, I was convinced I had lip cancer. My lips kept pealing and they hurt. Come to find out, after misplacing my chapstick for a time...that I was actually allergic, or something, to my chapstick. So, we made our own...and studied solid, liquid, solid process as well.Olivia was pretty proud of herself. Joseph...we had to eventually confiscate his before he ate the whole tube.

Shea butter
Coconut oil
Beeswax
Double broiler, tubes, dropper
and veeola!

2 comments:

Mama Hutch said...

awesome! how hard/annoying was it to make?

Michael and Mandy said...

Not hard at all. Go to passionatehomemaking.com and search her site for chapstick. Only thing I recommend is to keep a bowl of hot water near and dip your dropper in it every so often because the stuff hardens in the dropper and eventually stops it up.