Zoom and Mr. Shony

No reason - just love the sweet close ups. It is amazing how they can look so much alike and completely different at the same time. That sounded dumb, but you know what I mean.
This is John Berret. I could never call him anything but Mr. Berret, though he asked me to call him John. Some call him JJ for Judge John - he used to be a judge. He also used to play in the...Navy? band. His grandkids call him Shony which really came from his younger brother who could not pronounce his name as a kid. This same younger brother died in a plane crash some years ago and Shony still tears up telling the story. He is a true non southern, southern gentleman. He always tips his hat or stands when I walk up. Even from across the street, if he sees us, he takes off his hat, and calls us each by name - even Greta. Which is why I still can't not (sorry for the double negative) refer to him has Mr. So we've settled on Mr. Shony - familiar enough. I see him every Wednesday morning at Grants and he walks by our house every day. That's his dog, Buddy. Another reason we love Golden Hill - as if we needed another.

No comments: