Meems and Scrapaw

My parents have been here since last Wednesday and we have had fun showing them some of our favorite things. This is back at La Jolla at sunset. Check out the beach in the second picture - there is more than just seaweed on that beach.





























We visited the Wild Animal Park at dusk and that was fantastic. I have to admit that I was a bit suspicious when we got there. We were the only car pulling in and I felt a little like Clark Grizwold in N.L.'s Family Vacation. I thought we were going to have to beat up a security guard to get in to see the animals - since we had driven all the way out there and missed getting to go the night before because I forgot the free passes for my parents. I was also a little wary when all you could see in about the first 100 yards of the park were gift shops and eateries selling souvenir cups with tiger heads as lids for about 10 bucks. But it was worth it - we saw a cheetah up close (I have never seen the one at the St. Louis Zoo) and tons of giraffes and rhinos and about 6 one year old lion cubs playing. Did you know that giraffes only sleep about 2 hours a day - and even that with their head still upright? Apparently they are prey for many other animals and can't afford to sleep. They also all sit facing different directions - to keep a lookout in all directions. Anyway, it was fun and I am gooby and like animals and animal facts.














Party at the "bus." You can't see Mimi and Scrapaw's bus here, but I think Olivia wants to move into it - at least so she can climb up and down the stairs all day long. This was a birthday party for Lucy - that's right, the dog. Notice who is not in the picture. But don't worry I have a picture of Mike in a birthday hat - from this party and from his birthday earlier this summer - and I will use them as neccessary.















The guys got to play golf at Torrey Pines today and we...well, we hung out in the bus all day. Not as exciting, but good time together nonetheless. Joe is not old enough to know what he missed out on. We did all have lunch at the golf club and toured around a bit - Joseph fully recognizes golf (as does Olivia) and he knows what to do if you put a club in his hand. He can even stand and swing now - and chase his own ball now that he is walking.

No comments: