Speaking of Ridley

Anybody want a dog? No, really. We do love her. She is a great dog. Here are the plusses:
1. She is very unique looking - and I don't mean she is only cute to her parents kind of unique looking. She is really very pretty.

2. She is an excellent guard dog. Not a yipper. Barks at strangers and a short announcement when company arrives.

3. She is fast and cool. Great retriever. LOVES water. Will make you very popular at the park.

4. She has been an excellent relational bridge with our neighbors. This is one reason we have kept her this long. I cannot tell you how much better we know our neighbors now.

5. She is short hair and minimal shedding. Don't get me wrong, you will need to sweep every other day if you are particular like me, but she isn't a gross shedder.

BUT, I cannot do it. I am recognizing my limits and I cannot do it. I am not high energy, so what I have needs to be for my family - the human part. She is still a puppy and has lots of energy and needs more than we can give her. I constantly feel guilty for not giving her enough and then I feel guilty for getting frustrated with her (or my children) when things get a little hairy around here.

She has had her shots. She has been "fixed." She really is a great dog - we just aren't great dog owners at this stage in our lives. If you know of anyone who would be interested please let us know. She comes with a doggie igloo (donation from neighbor), bowls, toys (also donations from neighbors - I am not kidding, we may lose friends over this - our neighbors love her), and as many sticks as she can carry in her mouth. There are currently about 15 in our back yard.

If you don't want her or know anyone who might like to have her - please pray we will find a good home for her soon.

3 comments:

Jeremy, Lisa, and Madeleine said...

you have a little salesman in you. List all the good qualities and none of the bad. I am so proud. And no I dont want a dog. Remember she didnt like us.

Michael and Mandy said...

Speaking of dogs - what did you name the schnauzy poos?

Jonathan, Jennifer, Will and Jack said...

Oh how I know what you mean. Don't tell Scout, but you just sumarized my entire dialogue with her, Jonathan and myself.

In the end Will, Jack and Jonathan's love of her keeps her here and all I can say is boy is she lucky!!