Family

These are some pictures from our trip to Atlanta last weekend. Though we were sad for the reason we were there, it was such a sweet time with family. My Aunt Gena (my great aunt actually), raised my dad and my aunt Joanie after their parents died when they were really young. She never married. She worked hard and loved hard and served hard. It was certainly a celebration of life as much as a mourning over the loss of her. It seemed not really appropriate to be taking pictures at a funeral, though I wanted to get some of the kids and their cousins. So, most of these were taken at the Chick-fil-A that we hit after the graveside service. Joe Joe and his Grandpa Tony are up front here. You recognize Olivia. Behind her is my cute, pregnant cousins Emily. Trey (my other cousin, Katie's husband) is the one scarfing the milkshake. Emily's husband, Kevin, is behind Trey.
Here is Katie and Trey (with one of his more intelligent looks I think). Again, Kevin present but not clearly seen.
After the visitation. It was so great to have a houseful (and funeral home full) of kids.
Here is another woman (like my Tootsie)who doesn't look her age, but isn't she a schnazzy dresser - check out that sporty vest - and of course jewelry. Any good southern woman has on her jewelry. Just don't ask her how old she is...or ask my mom what happens when you do...it wasn't pretty. (By the way, this is my uncle Alex's mother, Grandmother Flewellyn.)

No comments: