I will be bleaching it

Olivia has all but dropped her nap. It is a sad transition - she doesn't seem old enough to not be napping. Actually, she isn't old enough and can barely (emotionally) make it through the day without a nap, but you can't pin her down and tape her eyes closed so here we are. Occassionally I will lay down with her in my bed and after many reminders to lay down and be quiet, she will eventually fall asleep. That is where she is now.

Today as we lay there snuggled close together, because with the temperature as it is here that is the only logical place to be, Olivia was tracing my lips with her finger. Honestly I had almost fallen asleep myself. She whispers, "Mama, I want one of those." I thought to myself how sweet it was that my daughter wants lips just like mine. Then her tracing finger widened over my upper lip and circled around. "Is that a beard, Mama?" she asked. My cozy lingering on sleep was unkindly disturbed. No, it is NOT a beard! It is a mustache if you must know and it is not polite to point it out, especially on women! Especially on your mother! Your uncle Jeremy tortured me for years over this thing. "You know you're a redneck when you decide to grow a mustache because it looks so good on your sister." Not funny.

Don't bother to look for it...because I will be bleaching it.

4 comments:

Jeremy, Lisa, and Madeleine said...

That is to funny!!!LOLI can laugh because I have one too, but I wax mine.Oh and he makes fun of me and mine, calling me the frito bandito. That little comment has been handed down from my dad, needless to say my mom has one too.

Michael and Mandy said...

I think he is just jealous. I don't want to brag about something like this...but ours just my be better than his!

Jeremy, Lisa, and Madeleine said...

I can hardly see the screen to type correctly for the tears that are in my eyes..That is absolutely the funniest thing I have EVER read. My stomach hurts now. I cant control myself. My face hurts I am laughing so hard..woo...woo. my goodness. Dont have a whole lot to say about this Olivia has said it all. And if you can handle the stigma of the best mustache in the family knock yourself out. Ha Ha Ha Ha ...woo I needed this..

Love
Jer

Is that a beard? Oh, you have got to love that!

kp said...

thanks for sharing - I have brothers who love to rib - but about other things - and I have a witch hair on my chin that I am afraid for anyone to find - but I am sure one day Bryce will find it before I do.