Obsessive?

I recently picked all the junk food out of Olivia's stash of pretend food that she received for Christmas and put it in a Ziplock back and put it in a dresser drawer in the guest bedroom. I asked Mike if he thought I was wierd. He said, "I don't think it's wierd...it's just consistent with your personality." Hmmm...
She doesn't even recognize McDonalds. She has been alive in the United States of America for three solid years and doesn't even recognize the golden arches. She recognizes the St. Louis "Archie Archie" (she mixes newly learned songs into daily dialogue sometimes), but does not recognize those golden arches. Wouldn't you hide the fake french fries? It saves us money. It saves her future congestive heart failure. It saves me from enduring a body odor smell in my car for a week after running through the drive through. Maybe I am wierd. I am not as obsessive as I sound. There is usually enough chocolate in this house to sink the "Arky Arky." Chocolate was one of Olivia's first words...she still wakes up asking for it some mornings...with a kind of sing songy voice, about three extra syllables, and a strange, trance like look on her face.

Anyway, we are back from Christmas travels. I was about to post pictures, but my camera battery died. Mike has updated some Israel pics on his blog if you want to check it out. Hopefully I'll get some up here in the next couple of days. Just wanted everyone to know we were safe back home - enjoyed all the visits.

4 comments:

Jeremy, Lisa, and Madeleine said...

Sleesa: I don't think your weird, or obsessive. I think you are smart to start your children off on a healthy lifestyle.The world and time will do its best to ruin all of your hard work, so while you can impart good habits.
I am glad your back, because I was begining to have blog withdraws.Can't wait to see Pictures. :)

Joe and Josie Haack said...

Olivia will thank you -- perhaps after a season of rebellion consisting of cheeseburger runs in her college years (this is Josie's story). But she will thank you.

Pam said...

Glad that you are back safe. I think that it’s commendable. I don’t see me being able to do that. Maybe I can do something in between you and the rest of society. We sent a Christmas package have you gotten it yet? I want to make sure that it gets there ok.

Michael and Mandy said...

Not yet, Pam. I will let you know.
How was MI?