The Farm in the City

These are our friends, the Lieuwens. That is Liske reading to Anneke and Olivia. She is quite the dramatic reader...I'm not kidding, accents and everything. The Lieuwens have chickens. They used to have goats too, but they ate them. They live inside the city limits in Atlanta. While we were there I overheard part of a phone conversation that I have never heard and probably will never hear again: Rinda: "I just pulled a bag out of the freezer that says 'shank, shoulder, and neck.' Is it goat or pig?" I don't think Tim knew - so they just cooked it and waited to tell until they could taste it. We love the Lieuwens. Their lives are very rich and they love the Lord and his people very much.
Olivia helping Liske with her chores.
I took this picture so you could see the large, yellow paddle sculpture in the background. If I remember the story right, Tim was at some art museum or art show in Europe and saw something like this. When he found out how much it cost, he said in true Lieuwen fashion, "I could make that." So he took a bunch of pictures and he did (I hope I am not getting anyone in trouble here.) Actually, he made three of them - the other two are out on the trail on their property...along with the enormous tractor tires, walking beams made out of trees, huge half pipe slide, and gigantic boulders. It's not tacky...though my descriptions make it sound like it. You would pay money to take your children here.




No comments: