Can you die...

...from eating too much Qdoba? It is our favorite place to eat, even though it is a chain store. While my parents were here for Easter, we stood in the cold rain to eat for "free" (my dad made a $20 donation to the sponsoring cause) and got 4 coupons for buy one get one. So, thanks to my dad we ate free that night and thanks to Mike's parents who sent us a Qdoba Cash Card, we've bought one and gotten one two more times since then. We don't typically eat out a lot, but with all the work going on here you gotta punt sometimes. Joseph's phrase of the night was "I go Qdoba. You go Qdoba. Okay, Mommy?"

Sorry no pictures lately. By this time of night I am too tired to get it done. The kids and I have all had colds over the weekend, but we still got a surprising amount done. I have repacked most of the boxes in the basement that got covered in plaster dust during our last demolition. I continue to dec.r.a.p.ify (that word ought to offend someone - it even sounds harsh - sorry, it is just the most accurate made up word for what is going on here) our house and I actually kind of like it better. Mike finished the upstairs porch and we are about to go enjoy a glass of wine up there. Our friend, Lindsey, from church came over on Friday and spent the ENTIRE day painting with me. We got a lot done and the kids were great. I have to retract my offer for guests to come and use the newly cleaned out guest closet because I have filled it back up again. I have cleaned out and refilled that closet about 5 times since we moved here - with different stuff!!! It is really a mystery to me. Guests can still come, just don't bring a lot of hanging clothes.

Mike's mom is coming in tomorrow for a few days to play with the kids, so really we should be able to get everything done - it will be a small feat that is for sure, so please pray for us. In the process of all of this we have still managed to get to the Garden and park and Olivia has seen Annika a good bit. This week at the playground, out of no where, Annika says to Olivia "Soon you are moving to another state and I am going to be sad because I will miss you." Gulp. They are processing it in their own little way, where as I will probably wait until the last day and cry my eyes out on the way out of town.

Joseph's communication has grown exponentially the past couple of weeks. Seems like he has gone from putting 3-4 words together to speaking in paragraphs. Most of his sentences end with "good idea, Mommy?" He will be 2 this week - hard to believe.

Oh, by the way - if you are in town on May 16th we are going to have a graduation/the house is done we hope it sells/going away party. I'll post more details soon - but we would love anyone to stop by (probably) from 6-9 on Saturday evening.

Pictures of the children soon - I promise.

No comments: