Still here.

We are still here...we haven't floated away in the rain or left for SD yet. I haven't been posting for a few reasons. 1. My computer is dying a slow, painful death. I bought it in '03, so as computers go it is already an antique...has been since '04. Mike is trying to work some magic on it as new computer funds are not in the budget presently. We'll see. 2. We have been working like mad to get the house ready to put on the market. The plan is to list it on May 1. We've signed on with a great realtor...unless of course they can't sell our house then they won't be so great, but we are excited about them.

For those of you who know the house here is some of the stuff we've been doing (I do have a few pics that I will try to post.). The soffet is built over the exposed plumbing over my kitchen sink - looks much better than the black plastic that has been there for quite some time. The holes in the baseboards at the top of the stairs are done. Mike and my dad jacked up the two story back porch and put in new support, then cleaned out, repaired, framed in, and painted. Mike is about 3/4 the way through the 1st floor porch. I have been working on all the outside flower beds - you've seen the exterior, not much curb appeal (Katie, we took your advice - no shutters.) There are now three flower beds up front and I've doctered up the back. I have also been packing up a lot of our c.r.a.p. because apparently people don't want to see it when they look at your house. I packed up 8 boxes of books from the shelves and replaced them with object d'artos as my dad would call them. I like my c.r.a.p. - I was moderately offended that they suggested we pack it up. You can walk in the guest room closet now - for all you guests who had a hard time getting in there to hang your clothes up - come back, we now have room for your clothes.

We have done a lot more than than, but we also still have a lot to do before May 1. If anyone wants to come help paint trim, come on! We have about 6 miles of it to paint. We are encouraged and excited so far!

1 comment:

Ann Louise said...

Once I feel better, I'll come paint!