The week before - I

My mom arrived on August 1st. Her plane was scheduled to leave on August 10th. Greta's due date, officially, was August 13th. Hmm. When your first two are three weeks early...what else do you have to go on? It was nerve racking. Day after day passed. I knew I didn't want her here any earlier than she needed to be, but it was going to be so disappointing if my mom missed her. So, we did our best to keep ourselves busy and remind ourselves that God's timing is perfect. We played foozball.We looked fat and miserable while playing foozball.
We played in the sand table.
We laid around (under) baby Greta and asked her to come out.
We went for long walks - on the Coronado side of the harbor. Some guys caught a leopard shark - you wouldn't believe the number of questions we answered about this. What will they do with it? How will they eat it? When will they eat it? How will they cook it? When will they cook it? Will it bite them? What will it taste like? Why did they catch it? How did they catch it? Why are they filling that cooler full of beer? (That was Mike)
Coronado bridge
Our lovely city (views from our walk)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Mandy- I love how you always manage to give me a good laugh!:)