Busy, busy, busy

We have been at work around here. I thought I had simplified Christmas. I really thought about it this year - how to keep things not so...I don't know...busy I guess. But about a week before Christmas I realized that my plan had been with a family of 4 in mind. I forgot we are a family of 5 now...that adds an additional dynamic. I had a friend one time, reflecting out loud in front of me, say something about how each kid arrives with his/her own little suitcase of needs and requirements...adding many things to our lives while we never really remove any of the other things all ready there to make room. We expect to keep up life as it was, while adding to it this whole other person and all of her (in our case) needs. It is hard to figure out what to remove...but it seems necessary. Speaking of little people and their suitcases, Greta is waking up with an empty belly, so I better run. Here is some of the Christmas making we have been up to.
I thought I would take a picture of everyone at work...then I looked closer at what Joseph was actually doing...
Pay no attention to the fact that, ignoring manufacturers instructions, I have a baby swing on the table...and a three-year-old.

No comments: