Goody O'Grumpity


Aagh! It is Christmas Eve and I am not quite up to date!!!! Here is how we wrapped up Fall - with some Goody O'Grumpity bread. This is one of our favorite books. It is actually a poem (and I was going to write it out for you here, but we have lots to do in prep for a Christmas Eve gathering at our house tonight...so, next year). We decided to make Goody's spice bread and I have to admit I was a little nervous because it involved yeast and everything I make involving yeast usually ends up weighing about 10 pounds. But this was a grand success! And really yummy. They were helping here...but I don't remember how.

It made two loaves so we took the book and a warm loaf over to Lou and his momma for a snack. (I didn't tell her they were on the floor with the measuring cups while they were helping...)
And this was our Fall poem - Come Little Leaves by George Cooper (thank you Veerman). I was really proud of Olivia. This rendition is not very clearly recited, but she knew the whole thing and recited it beautifully several times. I tried to involve Joe in the memorizing and he always pretended disinterested and then one day Olivia had a memory block and he piped in with durn near three quarters of it memorized. Stinker.

"Wazup?"

No comments: