Sew, here it goes...

First of all, sorry grandparents - we have been up to alot and I have plenty of pictures to post, just haven't had time to do it yet. We just spent an interesting weekend in Farmington/St. Genevieve - hopefully I'll get to posting about that in the next day or two.

However, here is one of the things we have been busy doing...The machine had been threaded for weeks (thanks to the support of the in-laws - who really just sat there while I figured it out, but just having a posse sitting there gave me courage). I got up my nerve to wind the bobbin. I found this pattern for a really easy skirt months ago and printed it out. I finally just swallowed hard and gave it a try - and here is the outcome:




















Granted, it is a little big and if you look really close a lot of the stitching is crooked, but I did it. The fabric is one of Mike's old shirts and the ribbon came on one of the gifts I got for Olivia when she was born (anyone recognize it?). She wore it all day - christening it with pizza sauce and marker. I couldn't be happier - or more pumped to start the next one!

2 comments:

sammye said...

Good job on the skirt. I think i recognize Mike's shirt. Looks like you did not take after your mom, thank goodness. Very creative. mom

sammye said...

That is one nasty baby doll. Maybe mommy could make her a matching dress.