Everyone to his each

We have issues - and by 'we' I mean our children and our dog. There seem to be obsessions growing out of control.

1. Joseph and the bat and ball. All he wants to do is play catch or pitch and hit. If he can't find a bat he will use the closest thing - a golf club, a drum stick, a kazoo. Yes, a kazoo. Couldn't find a bat yesterday. I told him to go look on the shelf - he came back with a kazoo and assumed his batting stance. Which is pretty good I must say. One of my favorite requests from him these days is, "Come on mommy, pitch to me."

2. Olivia has layering issues. We finally had to pack her sleeping bag away in a closet a month or so ago because she insisted on getting in it even though it was well over 70 degrees outside. We would find her an hour or so later sound asleep and sweating buckets. She still insists that the covers be on even if she is sweating. Yesterday she spent the entire day in her underwear trying on ALL of the clothes we have just received as hand me downs. (I don't know how much money the Farley's have saved us the past 3 years!) I ate dinner with her in a snowman sweater, blue longjohn pants, and purple boot house shoes. Did I mention it was over 80 degrees here yesterday. The kid has no control.

3. And Ridley. Can a dog be obsessive compulsive? She has become quite the frisbee dog - she is really pretty impressive. But she won't stop. You could probably throw it for an hour and she would keep dragging her sorry self out there to catch it- midair! After Mike threw to her for a while tonight he put the frisbee in the wagon (we were out for a walk with friends) and she followed Olivia around in circles as she pulled the wagon - for a long time. Then she refused to walk ahead of the wagon on the way home - she wanted to be right by her frisbee. Mike finally picked her up and carried her because she refused to walk. Weird dog.

Mike and I have issues too - they just aren't as interesting. He has issues about his socks and I get all flustered if you "get in the nighttime in your daytime." Translation - get in bed in the clothes you have been wearing around all day. Yuck! Keep it clean - put that stuff in the hamper!

Sorry no pictures. My computer is running too slow these days to start an upload at this time of night. I need to go to bed anyway. See you Southies tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Sage said...

wow. that is too funny. thanks for a good laugh. I can't believe mike had to carry Ridley home!

Michael and Mandy said...

Mike said... Like Ridley looks at that frisbee, so Mandy looks at a game of Settlers. I saw that look last night at 10pm local time when Erik suggested we play. And of course we did, even after Mandy earlier said specifically, "we need to get a good night of sleep tonight." Granted she had been more concerned that I get sleep to get over my cold than her own... I played too, of course. cough, cough...