For moms

"I never thought that while some things in me faded away with motherhood, I'd be awakened to a more true version of myself."

This is a quote from a blog post by the daugther-in-law of a dear friend. I don't know her well, but I read her blog because her relationship with Jesus and how she talks about it and how she talks about life and the world and others encourages me and challenges me.

I don't stop often enough to think about the true, deep, meaningful things of life. I stop to worry or plan or nurture a grudge or... But I am not good at slowing down to consider the richer things. Mentally I am always multi-tasking. I don't think you can do that and really meditate on God and his ways.

I don't even know that I fully understand the depth of her statement quoted above. But it feels right to me. I have struggled with the fading away - I have fought it - and in the process squealched some of the peace that God gives as he is constantly molding and changing us into who he has called us to be. I spend a lot of time holding on to things rather than letting go and embracing the new things God brings.

Bit of an emotive post - mostly I just wanted to refer you to Linda's post if you are a mother. I think you will be encouraged.

No comments: