Graduation

As we were going through the weekend I told Mike I kind of felt like I was just watching my life happen - I didn't really feel connected to it all, if that makes sense at all. I think I was probably just tired and a little overwhelmed with all that it meant that we had made it to this day, this weekend. Though there were some special people who were not able to be here, it finally all felt real to me when our house was full of people that we loved on Saturday night as we celebrated the Lord's goodness to us over the past 3 1/2 years. It is really quite a lot about the people and not even really so much the accomplishments. Not to dimish any of the hard work Mike has done. I am quite sure he agrees. The relationships we have made and the ways God has fleshed out all that Mike has learned through those relationships and our experiences here, is far more important than that little piece of paper.

A little cheese while we waited.Mike is the one on the stage, not the one walking down the steps.
The professors took turns doing the hooding. It was special that Dr. Douglas was one of the ones who hooded Mike. He has mentored Mike quite a bit the past two years, particulary in the area of church planting.


Remember Josie? She and Joe were with us in CA last summer. See that little pooch in her belly? They are expecting a baby soon!
Joe with O. Special buddies. I remember when Olivia used to call them Joe and Joe and Josie.

Mike's Uncle Bill made the trip over. Think they are related?
The peanut gallery.
We got to spend the whole week practially with the Gulletts. Remember, John is the one that married us.



A little uncle love

3 comments:

sammye said...

Thanks for the update on the graduation night. I had been wanting to see/hear what went on, Looks like a great time. We are really proud of all of you. Mom

LeAnne said...

Congratulations, Mike & Mandy! So proud of your accomplishments and look forward to hearing more about your future plans.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!