Coming around

Moving here toward the end of a long hot summer, a summer including a drive across the desert in the heat of July, I was pretty bummed about arriving at a new home that did not come with a clear, refreshing change of the seasons. But I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised. You've read about our Fall experience. And I have to say that it has definitely been Winter-ish here. All our shorts are put away. I'm no longer wearing my sandals. Our "tans" are faded. (Olivia is still wearing her swim suit every other day, but that is an issue entirely different.) We wake up chilly in the mornings and we often end the evening with a fire in the fireplace. So, all in all, it has been enough. But the past few days have been a surprising treat. I find that every year I subconsciously expect Winter to be over when Christmas is over. I know there are still two long months left, but I find myself let down every year that we have to wait so long until Spring. After 34 years you would think I would catch on. But this year it happened! Christmas has come and gone. The New Year is here. And 75 degrees is back! I don't mean to brag, especially in front of those of you with a foot of snow on the ground. But, my 8 week pregnant body is gasping for energy and this "break in the weather" has been just what I need. So come out and visit us if you need a break too!These pictures were taken at Seaport Village. It is a touristy little place on the harbor. But peaceful during the week when everyone is in school. This day we took our library books down there and read them by the water and played around.
(Her swimsuit is on underneath her clothes.)
This is when I was pretty sure I was pregnant. That corn dog never tasted so good.
Joseph agreed.

2 comments:

Sage said...

Hey- I've actually been to Seaport Village! We LOVE corndogs. The kids look so big. Sorry those are so random and unconnected. :)

Sara said...

Congratulations!

I don't know if you made an announcement before, but I just decided to check in on your blog for the first time in a while and read this post.

I'm very excited to hear there is a new little McBride on the way. I hope you are feeling well.

It is fun to follow the happenings of your family. Maybe one day we will come out and visit you guys. I have family in Holtville, CA. Don't know if you have any idea where that is - but it is on the other side of the BIG ROCK PILE from San Diego. I've only visited them twice, but we always made a trip to San Diego when we were there.

We are also part of a multi-site "church plant" and I'm kind of interested in how some things are done at Harbor. I'm sure we could learn from their experience.

Love from the Davicks