Mission Beach

We finally had our first official beach outing. We met up with some friends who had long surpassed the simple, plastic pail and shovel. They had authentic, dirt shoveling shovels and a slew of masonry tools.



















See Joseph and Mike? It was an overcast day, which I was thankful for - there is something about baking my children on the beach that unnerves me. I hope my children look back on their childhood with fond memories. To this point I am afraid that the most they will remember is that their mother was constantly putting a hat on them, denying them oreo cookies (or anything like it), and freaking any time they touched anything in a public restroom.














This picture is more for you to see what the beach was like (and the funny move that fella is doing in the background??) than for Olivia and me. I did wear my swim suit, but contrary to our friend's report that water was not warm! I don't care about all the other people in it. It was cold. And the wind was blowing and the sun was not out! I don't care what you call me - I do not like swimming in cold water. If I cared about maintaining my fun mom/wife reputation, I would tell you I jumped off a garage roof onto a trampoline a few weeks ago. But I don't care about my reputation like that, obviously.














I love the end of an afternoon at the beach. (Sorry about the toilet in the shot...at least it was flushed.)

1 comment:

Amy Veerman said...

I love the picture of J&O with shovels. They look like they're having a serious discussion about the logistics of the excavation.