Non-nutritive Cereal Varnish

Product warning: I don't particularly recommend Cascadian Farm cereals due to the following - Olivia had some Vanilla Crunch yesterday morning for breakfast. Crunch, by the way is what they call a cereal that they want you to think is a great deal on granola. It is actually just flakes, rice puffs, and about two pieces of granola held together in granola-like chunks with some sort of non-nutritive cereal varnish and sold to you for about 3/4 the price of real granola. Anyway, Olivia had some yesterday for breakfast. I let her eat it sitting on the counter - it was the Sabbath after all - why not give her extra special priviledges on the Sabbath as a foretaste of our eternal Sabbath, right? (That and we don't have a kitchen table and Joseph was occupying more than his fair share of the kids' table.) Anyway again, she made a bit of a mess and in our hurry to get to church I left it on the counter. We had a long and busy (but quite worshipful and restful - more on that later) Sabbath. In our one block of time back at the condo, I chose to take a nap with the kids rather than clean the kitchen. This morning I went to wipe the counters...I had to use a knife to chisel the durn stuff off the counter top. Seriously. It would not come off! I hope the acid in her stomach does a better job than hot soapy water at breaking this stuff down! All that to say - I don't recommend Cascadian Farm cereal. You have the information - do with it what you will.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

How ironic that you just posted that because I just left my sister and niece who are actually going to audition for a Cascadian Farm Cereal commercial-I'll let them know your point of view....

Michael and Mandy said...

That is funny. I'll be interested to know if they get it...and can now, in good conscience based on what they know, do it anyway. :)

marina said...

to know how 2 make ur breakfast full of nutrition visit www2.kelloggs.com
check out the nutrition n recipe section 2 get recipe of nutritive breakfast