Camp in

These pictures posted out of order and I am too tired to figure out how to change it. It has been a very full and fulfilling week around here and I am pooped. At supper tonight Mike asked Olivia what her favorite part of her birthday was and she just started listing people - people who have stopped by and spent time with her the past few days...in case we weren't sure that she is a social being. I have a few posts worth of pictures, but I'll have to do it over a few days because in about ten minutes I am going to start misspelling words.

About a month ago we floated the idea to Olivia of having a campout for her birthday. We have had perfect weather here lately and we thought...I guess I thought it was a good idea. I did meet with occassional, nonadventurous skepticism from a few unmentioned parties, but in the end it was a go...until it rained for a day and a half before and then then temperature dropped to low 40's for the night of the campout. We punted and grilled out hotdogs and had smores around a fire pit (for several hours - it was great!) and then set the tent up in the family room. Annika and Olivia actual slept the whole night in the tent.




























Amazingly enough, the dogs were the only ones we had to constantly herd away from the fire pit - the exception of the one time Olivia nearly face planted out of her chair into it - thankfully Jonathan had quick reflexes. (It wasn't that close of a call so the grandparents can relax.)














Not sure what Olivia is saying here, but she has everyone's attention.





We love our sweet friends - thank you for celebrating with us. I wish I had more pictures, but our camera just won't do much in the dark unless everyone sits absolutely still and that doesn't work with 2 3 year olds, a 2 year old, a 1 year old and Sage. I am sad not to have a good picture of Karl and Joseph. Karl and Olivia share a birthday - and Lauren's is the next day.

No comments: