Genius!...sort of

So last night after the "pantry incident," I had an idea about the trash can. I would tie up the bag next time we left the house, but just tight enough so the mouse could wiggle...wiggle, that sounds too cute...squirm its way into the bag. I was hoping he would become disoriented after eating and not be able to find his way back out.

Sure enough today after getting home from the grocery and putting the kids down, I go down to make a bowl of cereal and there it goes - darting all around in top of the bag! My plan had worked! But, I wasn't about to touch the bag or the trash can...or the pantry door or anything else, so I threw a couple of cook books on top of the bag. Actually, that sounds a lot more nonchalant than what really happened. I froze, almost threw up then ran to call Mike. He wasn't answering so I emailed him. He replied he was in class, so I called Karen.














While on the phone with Karen I realized the edges of the bucket weren't sealed, so I put another bag, a few more cook books and a brick on top of the bucket.















Mike finally called at which time I realized that the mouse could chew threw the inside bag and climb out the bucket at the handles. I pushed the trash can - with my foot - to the porch and lifted it into one of Mike's construction strength trash bags...and put it on the picnic table in the back yard.














My only concern is that I never heard it move during all of this. Granted I could have knocked it out with the Williams-Sonoma Festive Occassions cookbook I threw on there first...but maybe it chewed out while I was on the phone and ran back into the walls! Mike will just have to open the bags when we get home to be sure.

5 comments:

sammye said...

Hickory Dickory Dash,
A mouse is in the trash.
His goose was cooked
When trapped by a book.
Hickory Dickory Dash

Hickory Dickory Dear,
That mouse came oh, so near
To having his dinner
And being a winner.
Hickory Dickor Dear.

Hickory Dickory Durn,
His life took a really bad turn.
Going from carefree and crazy
To pushing up daisies.
Hickory Dicory Durn.

Jeremy, Lisa, and Madeleine said...

Have you all heard of a new invention out there....it is called a mouse trap....by the way the cat is still available....I have ten bucks that says that mouse is still in your crib!!!

Michael and Mandy said...

Hickory Dickory's dead meat,
It ate thru the bags like treats.
It's back in the house
Gonna regret it's a mouse.
Hickory Dickory's dead meat.

sammye said...

Hickory Dickory's doomed,
At McBride's there is no room.
He just wanted some sup,
But his number is up.
Hickory Dickory's doomed.

This tale has had lots of twisters,
But, perhaps he's dead
and what you're finding instead
Are his little brothers or sisters.

Jeremy, Lisa, and Madeleine said...

Where's my ten bucks? Nobody has said anything about my ten bucks?!?!