Current influences

No matter where you have your children - in public, private, charter, or at home - these books are helpful. Like every other source of influence, you have to drag it through the skimmer of your worldview (which in our case has been informed by Scripture) and simply the needs and personality of your family. But even once all those have been considered, I have found these to be very helpful. Another source I discovered yesterday is from that blog I referred you to a few weeks ago - the October's Burnt Offerings post. Clearly, they homeschool. I really appreciate how they have thoughtfully expressed their decisions. It isn't the...well, I have just come to a conclusion that home school is not valuable just because it is at home. You can have a crappy home school. So here is the link - you may need to cut and paste it.
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2009/03/pros-and-cons-to-homeschooling-why-we.html

No comments: