Leaf hunt

Lately Olivia has started saying she wishes she could "climb in" the books we are reading. I know the feeling - since every book we have from the library right now has to do with Autumn. So, when we were reading Ox-Cart Man (by Donald Hall) this morning on the back porch...in between airplane fly overs...and Olivia said she wanted to climb in, I suggested maybe we just go on a leaf hunt. There are a couple of trees on A Street that I have had my eye on - some sweet gums I think. Sure enough they were dropping a few leaves.
Olivia begged to bring our rake (we don't have one). We just did the raking with our feet and they "jumped" in.
And we ate leaf shaped (Maple) cookies for a treat. (They are from Trader Joe's and I think I have gained about 5 pounds because of them.)
I know, Karl, he needs another haircut.
This is a view down the park toward the playground that we spend an awful lot of time at. To the right would be the neighborhood - we are two blocks over. And do the left is the public golf course.

No comments: